The ski swap is a fundraiser for the Batawa Ski Racing Club. All goods sold at this swap are the goods of the consignors and are not the property of the Batawa Ski Racing Club. The Club makes no representation or warranty with respect to the physical condition, safety, or appropriateness of the goods sold. Consequently, all sales are at the buyer’s risk and all sales are final. We strongly advise that all equipment purchased be inspected at a reputable ski/snowboard shop prior to usage.
Location and Dates
The Ski Swap is being held at the Batawa Community Centre at 81 Plant Street in Batawa.
- Friday, November 4th, 2016– Equipment Drop Off: 5:00pm – 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 5th, 2016 – Equipment Sales: 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Sunday, November 6th, 2016 – Equipment Sales: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Used equipment is sold on consignment, with the owner receiving 85% of the selling price. You may drop off items on the Friday evening at the Batawa Community Center between 5:00pm and 8:00pm.
- Equipment must be in good working order and of reasonable age (i.e. sellable)
- The owner sets the selling price for each item
- Skis, boards, boots, poles, clothing and accessories are priced individually (bindings typically sold with skis/boards)
- No straight skis or helmets of any sort will be accepted for consignment sale
- A maximum of 24 items per customer will be accepted
Money or unsold equipment can be picked up Sunday between 10:00am and 4:00pm. Conclusion of sales is 3:00pm Sunday. Any money or equipment not picked up by 4:00pm on Sunday is considered a donation!
Sales of new and used equipment run Saturday from 9:00am to 4:00pm and Sunday from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
New, and sometimes used demo equipment is provided from a vendor partner. Items typically include adult and children’s skis, snowboards, boots, poles and accessories such as helmets, goggles and bags. Selection varies each year. These items are marked differently from consignment equipment and are subject to tax.
Cash, cheque, debit, MasterCard and Visa are accepted. An additional 2% fee is levied against credit card transactions.
Allow extra time to check out on Saturday morning, as it is more crowded due to people lining up for the best selection. Saturday afternoon and Sunday is quieter and gives more room to try on boots.
The Batawa Ski Racing Club registration desk is on site. The club registrar is available throughout Saturday and Sunday to answer questions and take registrations.
Information and sign-up for the annual Mont Blanc trip can be done at the Batawa Ski Racing Club registration desk. The trip runs early December each year. More information can be found on the Mont Blanc page.