The following message was emailed to all registered racer families on January 15, 2021.
Hello Racer Families. We have some important information to share with you.
During the past couple of weeks our board has been in communication with Batawa Ski Hill, Alpine Ontario and other organizations regarding our season. We are saddened to have to inform you that we have made the difficult decision to cancel our season. While it may seem somewhat “early” to make this decision we have done so based on a number of important factors:
- Due to the current restrictions in place, Batawa Ski Hill remains unsure when they will be permitted to re-open. It may not be until mid-February at the earliest. They have also indicated that they may face even tighter restrictions on the number of racers in a group than what we are currently dealing with. Furthermore, there is a risk that they may not be in a position to support us training at all.
- Even if we could resume the season mid-late February, Batawa has indicated that snow making may not be sufficient to cover Old Smokey which we require for our training blocks to work properly based on the number of racers in our program.
Important: What you need to do next.
1. Alpine Ontario has developed and published a refund policy. Please read the Alpine Ontario Refund Policy via the attached documents or on their website closely. The due date for refunds is January 31, 2021. Here is the link: https://www.alpineontario.ca/download/aoa-refund-policy/?wpdmdl=30413 It has important instructions and guidelines for how you can obtain the refund.
2. We will begin the process of issuing refunds for your BSRC registered racers in the amount of $275 per racer. We will follow up with more details shortly on how and when the refunds will occur.
3. Batawa Ski Hill has a refund policy for prorating season passes in April based on the number of days the ski hill is not open. If you have any further questions please contact Batawa Ski Hill.
None of us on the board took this decision lightly and we want to thank you for your patience throughout this process and also your committment to supporting our club in trying to put together a season for our racers. We hope that everyone gets a chance to ski this winter and we look forward to next season!
The BSRC Board
Don’t forget to check out our official Batawa Ski Racing Club gear at: https://batawaskiracingclub.entripyshops.com/